Please submit your completed application by April 1, 2022.
Student applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Must be an undergraduate or graduate student currently enrolled in a degree program at The University of Texas at San Antonio. Students participating in an internship after graduation do not qualify, and students must be returning to UTSA as an enrolled student in the term following the internship.
• Must be in good academic standing with The University of Texas at San Antonio
• Must be authorized to work in the United States (Proof/Copy of authorization may be required)
• Must secure a summer internship prior to applying
• Have not previously received this scholarship
Internship Positions must meet the following criteria:
• Internship must be at least 10-20 hours per week
• Internship duration must be a minimum of 5 weeks
• Internship location may be international, domestic, or virtual
• Internship may be paid or unpaid
• Internship may be for credit or not-for-credit
Letter of Interest
Please submit a letter of interest stating how the scholarship will impact you and what you hope to gain from your internship experience. Provide examples of when you have demonstrated leadership, teamwork/collaboration, critical thinking/problem solving, and oral/written communication in your past work history or community involvement. Your submitted letter should build a connection between above mentioned skills and goals, as well as financial benefit or impact of receiving the award.
You may copy and paste letter below or upload a separate document with full name and abc123 near the top of paper.
Please submit a copy of your resume. It is recommended to visit the Career Center in advance for review and feedback. In-person drop in hours are available Tues/Wed 2-4 and virtual drop hours are available Tues/Wed 4-6 pm at http://bit.ly/VirtualDropIns or by appointment via Handshake.
Letter of Recommendation
Attach one letter of recommendation (reference to character).
Recommendation may come from University of Texas at San Antonio faculty/staff members or work supervisor.
UTSA Faculty/Staff Member or Work Supervisor
2022 Internship Information
This portion of the application is to verify employment as an Intern with organization/company. Complete all fields.
Internship Position Information:
Please provide the following information for the person who is authorized to confirm your participation in the reported internship this upcoming year.
After you've entered their information, please attach supporting documentation verifying your summer internship position (Official offer letter on company letter head).
Award Requirements and Acknowledgements
Notes about Stipends and Outstanding Tuition and Fee Charges:
Please double check your scholarship application!
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the UTSA Internship Scholarship Application.
Your application will be reviewed, and you will receive further information via the email you have provided in the application. Winner(s) will be announced April 11, 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Scholarship Winner(s) will be invited to share their experience via poster or video and will be featured on the Career Center Website!