What is SIGGRAPH?
SIGGRAPH is the world’s most prestigious international conference showcasing the latest and greatest in computer graphics and interactive techniques.
At SIGGRAPH, you can:
- Gain insider knowledge on blockbusters from Production Sessions presented by major studios like Pixar, Disney, DreamWorks, Industrial Light & Magic, Laika, and more
- Demo the newest technologies in robotics, haptics, virtual reality, augmented reality, and more at Emerging Technologies and VR Village
- Experiment with virtual crafts, wearables, and the latest digital tools in Studio makerspace
- Get a firsthand look at the latest Technical Papers and rendering developments during Real Time Live!
- See never-before-seen shorts and films at the world-acclaimed Computer Animation Festival
What is a SIGGRAPH Student Volunteer?
Student Volunteers (also known as SVs) provide the operation support for the conference. As an SV, you contribution makes SIGGRAPH possible.
SV duties can include:
- Helping attendees in need
- Checking badges
- Providing directions
- Providing language translation
- Selling merchandise
- Helping demo new technologies
- Monitoring doors
- Helping with social media
- Producing videos
- Creating art and crafts
- Facilitating workshops
- Dressing up as a SIGGRAPH character
Sounds great. Am I eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply to be a Student Volunteer at SIGGRAPH 2019, you must:
- Be over 18 years old (on or before 26 July 2019)
- Enrolled full-time as a student at an accredited university for at least one semester between Summer 2018 and Spring 2019
- Fully complete the Student Volunteer application
- Provide appropriate documentation from your accredited institution
- Commit to being available to attend SIGGRAPH 2019 in Los Angeles from 12 pm PCT on 27 July through 6 PM PCT on 1 August
More Information! https://drive.google.com/file/d/19nnkKFZxY7dvTfMA10D7K-EfC4vlSnjQ/view
APPLY TODAY: https://sv.siggraph.org/
Application Deadline: Feb 12, 2018