Need a little motivation? The grind of college getting you down and you’re not sure what your next step is?
Meet Sebastian Sanders, CEO and Founder of The Sanders HAND Foundation and currently a student in College of Business majoring in Management Science here at UTSA.
The University Career Center is excited to introduce Sebastian, who aspires to be a Motivational Public Speaker-who has already begun his journey.
Peer to Peer Motivational Blog Questions
- Tell me a little about yourself and your journey to UTSA?
My journey hear at UTSA has been an amazing experience, this wasn’t my first choice for school, but I would have to say after making that move this was the best decision I have made in my life.
- What motivates you?
Inspiring others to be great. Seeing others happy motivates me to keep going in life making my parents proud and putting a smile on their face motivates me to be great.
- What do you consider your biggest accomplishment so far?
Founding my own nonprofit, The Sanders Hand and becoming a motivational speaker.
- How would you describe your experience here at UTSA?
Rewarding and unforgettable. So many great opportunities and great memories I will cherish forever.
- What have you enjoy most from your experience here and off campus?
Volunteering and touring throughout San Antonio and guest speaking at various high schools, meeting new students every day.
- What lessons have you learn thus far?
Nothing is permanent, the person you are today won’t be the same person you are tomorrow.
- What has been most surprising to you taking on your opportunities at UTSA?
The amount of support I get from my community and friends.
- What skills are most important to you at this stage?
Public speaking, great decision making, and time management.
- As a current UTSA student, what helped you prepare for your current endeavors?
Taking on bigger responsibilities and task. Putting myself in situations that shaped me to be the man I am today.
- What advice would you give to your fellow UTSA peers?
Follow your heart first. Don’t listen to outsiders and believe in yourself and invest In yourself.
- What opportunities have been most exciting here at UTSA?
Joining different social organizations and networking with peers.
- What general advice would you give anyone interested in college/university?
Definitely go to college and obtain a degree to land a stable job. Work hard, play later, and stay focused despite the many distractions.
- What’s next for you?
Becoming the best motivational speaker. Inspiring as many students I can to to attend college. Being the inspiration and motivation for those who need my words-BEING THE CHANGE!
Great Job Sebastian!!
Additional information on The Sanders HAND Foundation:
(photo credit-Sebastian Sanders)