The Internal Audit Department is seeking a college intern to participate in performing operational, financial, and compliance engagements using a consultative approach designed to add value and improve the Credit Union’s operations. Additionally, monitor and recommend enhancements to internal controls to ensure credit union compliance with all applicable internal policies and procedures, insurance and vendor agreements, state and federal regulations, safety and soundness considerations, as well as improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. Further, perform duties in a manner which enhance the image and promote the growth of the Credit Union and the department.
During the duration of the internship, each student will meet regularly with their RBFCU mentor to receive guidance, support, and feedback. In addition to practical on-the-job training, interns will be challenged with assignments relevant to credit union business needs in support of members. Each intern will be asked to assess their internship experience and will receive a final evaluation to assess their performance, review career goals, and developmental needs. Based on several key factors, interns may be considered for program extensions or offered full-time employment upon graduation.
RBFCU College Internship Benefits include:
• Paid internship
• Enhanced understanding of careers in the financial services industry
• In-depth working knowledge of a financial services industry leader
• Work in a collaborative supportive team environment
• Strengthened written and oral communication skills
• Support credit union membership and community initiatives
• Increased experience and value added to resume
• Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university
• Strong academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA preferred)
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
• Ability to work in a supportive team environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Must be eligible for bondability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status