UTSA students and alumni may use Handshake to search for jobs and internships, view and attend virtual recruiting events, and schedule appointments to meet a Career Consultant.
To schedule a career consulting appointment, please follow the steps outlined below.
To ensure you’re seeking the correct advising department, please see the different advising offices here:
- Visit utsa.joinhandshake.com
- Once you complete your profile, click on “Career Center” from the left menu
- Click on “appointment” from the center menu options
- Follow the prompts to schedule a day and time to meet with a designated UCC team member
- The UCC team member will then approve the appointment and will send you a link to meet virtually
- The link will be sent to the email address listed on your Handshake profile
- Please refer to our No Show Policy when scheduling your appointment
Students can meet our Career Consultants for the following appointment types:
Job and internship exploration (e.g., how to find jobs and internships in specific industries, recommended resources) (virtual resource: Handshake: utsa.joinhandshake.com)
Professional networking (e.g., how to navigate a career expo, how to make the most of a professional networking event, how to develop your “elevator pitch”) (virtual resource VMock and Roadrunner Network)
Resume, CV, & Cover Letter writing (e.g., how to develop a resume for applications, how to create a tailored resume, how to include your organization as experience on a resume) (virtual resource VMock)
Graduate & Professional School (e.g., if graduate school is part of the career plan, application document development, finding programs of interest)