The Bachelor of Arts degree in Multidisciplinary Studies is a multidisciplinary degree which allows students much flexibility in designing degree programs that relate to their personal academic and career goals. The Multidisciplinary Studies major permits an interdisciplinary approach to education allowing students the opportunity to acquire a well‐rounded educational background and problem-solving skills.
The objectives of the program are to develop students that have a solid foundation in the content material of three different disciplines and are skilled in communication, critical thinking and analysis, investigating and solving problems, managing tasks, and relating to others. The program allows students to develop academic themes or topics that fall outside the usual disciplinary boundaries.
- Familiarize yourself with proposal writing and gain as much experience as possible through volunteer positions, internships, or part-time jobs
- volunteer positions, internships, or part-time jobs
- Develop excellent written and oral communication skills and develop attention to detail
- Get involved in roles of leadership such as resident advisor, peer mentor, student advisor, student organization leadership, etc.
- Participate in activities such as debate or literary clubs, campus publications, or student government
- Develop transferable skills and strong statistics background for research positions
- Learn to be skillful at analytical reasoning
Search UTSA CareerEdge
Upcoming EventsSelect a Date
March28Spring 2017 Summer Jobs FairTue, Mar 28 at 9am - 1pm
29U.S. State Department Information SessionWed, Mar 29 at 5:30pm - 7pm
April03Spring 2017 Educator Job FairMon, Apr 3 at 9am - 12pm
04U.S. Probation Office Information SessionTue, Apr 4 at 5:30pm - 7pm
05Drug Enforcement Administration Information SessionWed, Apr 5 at 5:30pm - 7pm
Explore UTSA on LinkedIn