March Into Your Major is an event for students who are unsure of their major, have chosen a major but are not sure it’s the right fit for them, or students who are confident of their choice of major but are unsure of what careers they can actually pursue with their major. At the event, students will have the following opportunities:
- See what majors/minors/certifications are offered at UTSA
- Ask questions to help you learn if your choice of major or career path is a good fit for YOU!
- Learn about the requirements for your major/minor and the process to change or declare your major/minor
- Learn about potential internships and career opportunities
Goals & Desired Outcomes for the Event:
- Students will learn about the academic timelines, the cost of changing their major, and the importance of utilizing their Career Assessment results.
- Students will receive crucial academic and career information that will assist them in making an informed decision; which can decrease the number of times students change their major and increase the UTSA graduation rate.
- Students will receive an Academic Degree Plan and a 4-year Career Action Plan to assist in taking action towards a major and career that is a good fit for them.
Since this event began in Spring 2015, we have reached over 5,000 students!
- Spring 2015- March Into Your Major: 1,108 students attended
- Fall 2015- Fall Into Your Major: 1,634 students attended
- Spring 2016- March Into Your Major- 976 students attended
- Fall 2016- Fall Into Your Major- 1,330 students attended
- In 2 years, with the impact of THIS event, the number of rising sophomores who have declared a major has increased from 17.4% to 49%!
What Students Are Saying:
“Professors helped me know what classes to take.”
“The advice and insight into different aspects of majors that I had never considered was very helpful.”
” All the stuff that I was confused about was well answered and explained today, along with the extra helpful information.”
“Satisfaction knowing that I now have a back-up plan.”
|Who should represent my area?||Faculty members, Teaching Assistants, Student Leaders,
other Staff Members, Current Students/Ambassadors
|Who attends the Fair?||
|Why should I be involved?||
|What kinds of materials should I bring?||
The more fun and eye-catching displays that you have will help draw
|What kind of information should I share?||
Help Spread the Word:
If you would like additional marketing flyers or PowerPoint presentation to share with students in class, please contact Heidi Sawyer at Heidi.Sawyer@utsa.edu.
If you would like to participate in this event by having a table, please fill out the registration form below. The registration form is due by Friday, March 10, 2017. If you have any questions about the event, please contact:
UTSA Career Center