JOB OPENING: APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLEDDIGITAL DIRECTOR preferred in Dallas, TX but flexibleWorkers Defense Project (WDP) is seeking a full-time Digital Director to develop and execute WDP’s digital engagement strategies that complement and enhance ongoing and future grassroots organizing and fundraising campaigns. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of designing and managing digital campaigns, including utilizing data for strategic targeting. He or she will be committed to getting results in a fast-paced environment and able to handle a heavy workload. This position is an excellent opportunity to engage working people, business and industry leaders, nongovernmental organizations, and policymakers.About Workers Defense ProjectCreated in 2002, WDP is a statewide, membership-based organization devoted to workers’ rights and advocacy, chiefly aiming to build power among Texas construction workers. Its mission – to empower low-income workers to achieve fair employment through education, direct services, organizing and strategic partnerships – is accomplished through a network of dedicated staff, volunteers and members.
WDP has won numerous awards for its cutting-edge achievements within one of the country’s most difficult climates for workers. The New York Times described WDP as “one of the most creative organizations for immigrant workers in the country”.About Workers Defense Project and Workers Defense Action FundWorkers Defense Action Fund (WDAF) seeks to build a long-lasting infrastructure that will engage working Texans in the electoral and legislative processes that affect their lives. WDAF educates and informs voters about their rights, advocates for stronger protections for workers and engages historically underrepresented voters in campaigns to elect representatives that care about working families' needs.
Job Description: Digital DirectorThe Digital Director will work collaboratively with senior leadership, including the Executive Director and WDP fundraising and programmatic staff, including the Communications Director, to advance strategic campaigns, raise funds online, and inform constituents about our work. WDP is looking for a motivated individual that can build WDP’s digital presence, grow its base of supporters, and elevate worker voices.
● Develop and execute digital engagement strategies that complement and enhance ongoing and future grassroots organizing and fundraising campaigns.
● Design, execute, and track email, social, and other digital media tactics for organizing, legislative, and political campaigns.
● Track and analyze campaign metrics, including online user data, online engagement data, donor data, and voter data, to develop and execute digital targeting strategies and to evaluate online campaigns.
● Researching, writing, and editing dynamic and effective online mobilization communications with WDP’s platforms.
● Design, produce and manage online visual and video content that speaks to the organization’s target audiences and values.
● Directly supervise communications staff including providing feedback, hiring, firing, and weekly check-ins, depending on experience.
● Lead digital strategies to achieving program goals.
● Produce, write, and coordinate the organization’s website updates, assist with blog posts, and oversee WDP’s email program.
● Work in coalition with external organizational partners to advance strategic organizing campaigns.
● Work with staff to develop messaging for organizing and fundraising campaigns.
● Train staff and be a resource on online organizing, communications, best practices and tools, and work closely with teams to determine how support can be provided.
● Prepare and support staff for interview requests.
● Track current events to amplify breaking news on WDP digital platforms.
● Experience in managing communication staff.
● Experience securing earned press coverages and engaging with or managing the press.
● Experience in executing strategic communication plans through traditional and digital communications.
● Proven experience designing, executing, and tracking successful email, SMS, social, and other online advocacy programs.
● Experience in analyzing online user data for the purposes of executing digital targeting strategies and evaluating digital campaigns.
● Experience designing online video and visual content.
● Experience in crafting and pitching campaigns to bloggers and websites.
● Demonstrated track record or propensity to thrive in a team-based collaborative environment.
● Commitment to building power with marginalized communities, including working people, immigrants, and people of color.
● Working knowledge of CSS and HTML.
● Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, or a related field.
● Fluent in Spanish.
● Based in Dallas, TX.
● Digital organizing experience a plus Compensation depends on experience and is highly competitive. Compensation depends on experience and is highly competitive.
How to apply: Send resume, cover letter and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. WDP will conduct a criminal background check after making a conditional offer for this position.WDP is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, immigrants, female, and LBGTQ individuals to apply.