The Development Intern will work closely with the Partnership and Engagement Coordinator and Event Engagement Manager to ensure the success of The Center's overall development department and special fundraising events. This individual will also work with other members of the development team to assist in meeting departmental goals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in production of various on-site programmatic and special events, as well as provide support in the production of The Center's large-scale special events.
- Update and manage The Center's fundraising and special events databases (Raiser's Edge), including sponsor and ticket fulfillment, corporate sponsors and volunteer and silent auction donor databases.
- Help with outreach and management of event volunteers.
- Solicit auction items and help with setting up display of items at the event.
- Solicit other in kind gifts to help defray costs of Center events.
- Provide general administrative support including phone calls, meetings, prospect research and reception preparation.
- Provide support for donor cultivation events.
- Participate in all aspects of event production, as needed.
- Provide event mailing and acknowledgement support.
- Provide general administrative support to the development team, including assisting with donor phone calls, donor and prospect meetings, prospect research and preparation for donor cultivation events.
- Must be a student; junior or senior level undergraduate students and Master's level students are preferred.
- Ability to intern approximately 15-25 hours each week.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to set and stick to priorities.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) required and a familiarity with fundraising database management systems (Raiser's Edge) helpful.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide range of personalities, including staff and volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
A monthly MetroCard will be provided for the duration of the internship.