HE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM OVERVIEW:
Our store internship program was designed to provide you with a comprehensive learning experience of the many facets of wholesale branch operations. During your internship, you will gain practical business-to-business and retail experience working in a paint store servicing painters, contractors, and do-it-yourself customers.
You will be exposed to the following:
- Sales – making product recommendations and servicing retail and wholesale customers
- Customer Customer Relations – customer account management, product ordering, custom color matching n Marketing/Merchandising – learning the plan-o-gram and pricing systems
- Product Knowledge – paints, applicators, spray equipment, and associated products
- Inventory Management – rates of sale, stock replenishment, inventory turnover
- Financial Reports – profit and loss statements, analytical reports
- Accounts Receivable – operation of a trial balance, credit terms, and collections
- Operations Management – delivery scheduling, competitive product analysis
Additionally, as an intern, you may complete a special project on a relevant business issue. Interns who successfully complete the program and want to apply to our Management Training Program will have an advantage over other applicants.
Duration: Summer before either junior or senior year, based on location \
Eligibility and Requirements: n Students enrolled in an accredited 4-year bachelors degree program with completion of either sophomore or junior year at start of Internship (based on location); n Eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship or restrictions; n General Business, Management, Marketing, Sales, Finance, or students with a related major are preferred; n Prior work experience in sales or customer service is preferred; n Excellent communication skills, a great work ethic, and an interest to work in an active, ‘roll-up-yoursleeves’ environment are essential. Compensation This is a PAID internship