SPEND YOUR SUMMER IN THE DYNAMIC WORLD OF GLOBAL FINANCE
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 140,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continually reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
We are seeking high achievers that are intellectually curious, enthusiastic, and have a strong work ethic. Individuals that work well in a team-oriented environment and will help drive our business forward.
On-the-Job Experience: Our 10-week Corporate, Investment Banking & MarketsSummer Analyst Program is more than just a fascinating insight into MUFG: it is an opportunity to shape the foundations of a long, rewarding career within international finance. Our program begins early June and is designed to provide rising seniors with hands-on experience and business exposure in the world of global finance. You will be placed in a specific group that allows you to concentrate and quickly develop the skills and knowledge required to become an integral part of the team. You will work alongside MUFG professionals at all levels who will serve as your instructors and mentors. Our summer analyst in Leasing & Asset Finance group will support originations and portfolio management teams. Responsibilities include:
• Complex financial modeling of structured debt and equity investments including lease transactions
• Client, industry and asset due diligence and analysis
• Assisting in the underwriting, credit risk analysis, negotiation, and closing of new transactions or amendments of existing transactions
• Analyzing and updating pertinent data on collateral, financials, projections, covenant compliance, free cash flow, audit and appraisal statistics, and bank product exposure
• Assisting with legal documentation matters
• Preparation of marketing materials and PowerPoint presentations
• Participation in client meetings to develop a deeper understanding of the client's business, management team, and past and future performance
Our program is designed to help you grasp just what it’s like to work within a global financial organization and determine where you want to take your career.
Training: You will receive in-depth technical, financial products and/or markets training during the first week of the program. Supplemental training will be provided throughout the 10 weeks.
Support & Guidance: Your assigned mentor/manager will provide goals and professional development guidance and conduct performance reviews as commitment to our summer analysts. You will also have the opportunity to network with employees across different business groups and at all levels of the organization. In our open and inclusive environment, senior colleagues will know who you are and will see the work you do. At the end of the program, you will leave with a better understanding of the world of global finance and an insider’s perspective that can only be acquired from serving multinational clients with complex financial needs.
Career Progression: Top-performing summer analysts may receive a full-time offer and will be eligible to join our analyst program the following year.
- Solid academic standing with recommended course work in finance, statistics or economics
- Microsoft Suite proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal, writing, mathematical and statistical skills with exceptional analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and individual initiative, self-discipline and integrity, leadership qualities and the ability to develop creative solutions
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Must be a 2018 rising senior; graduating Winter 2018 or Spring 2019
- Investment Banking: Leasing & Asset Finance
Leasing & Asset Finance – The Leasing & Asset Finance group develops and underwrites customized capital solutions for physical assets through highly structured financings involving debt, lease and equity products. Examples of investments include renewable energy generation facilities, aircraft, corporate campuses, railcars, distribution facilities, power plants, data farms, industrial production lines and sports facilities. The group provides innovative financial solutions throughout the Americas to Fortune 1000 companies and leading companies in the power, aviation, technology and rail sectors. The group also enjoys a leadership position in many of the markets it serves including renewable energy where it is one of the industry’s pioneers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.