BioWare's vision is to create, deliver, and evolve the most emotionally engaging games in the world.
BioWare develops high-quality console, PC, and online role-playing games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters, and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles, including Baldur's Gate™, Neverwinter Nights™, Star Wars ™: Knights of the Old Republic™, Jade Empire™, Mass Effect™, and Dragon Age™. BioWare operates in Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), Montreal (Quebec, Canada), and Austin (Texas, United States). In 2008, BioWare was acquired by Electronic Arts, a leading global interactive entertainment publisher.
Currently announced projects at BioWare include the ongoing support of the Mass Effect franchise, one of the highest rated video game series of all time, Dragon Age: Inquisition, the latest entry in the Dragon.
What the Systems Designer Intern will do at BioWare Austin:
- Reports to the Creative Director and is responsible for aiding in implementation of gameplay, economy, and progression elements into exciting and fun game experiences.
- Aid in creation and implementation of microtransaction/in-game store items.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure features maintain a high quality in game play, art, sound, visual effects and animation.
- Implement leadership and peer-based feedback, bug fixing, and polish on your work.
Who You Are:
- Enrolled student pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Familiarity with SWTOR game systems, particularly the Cartel Market.
- Familiarity with in-game economies and microtransaction systems in MMO or mobile games.
- Familiarity with the fantasy genre and role-playing games is a plus.
- Excellent documentation skills, particularly Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.