Representatives from School Districts across the nation will discuss potential full-time teaching positions with certified teachers, alternative certification candidates, and current student-teachers.
Students & Visitors:
UTSA STUDENTS: Please register on Handshake and download Career Fair Plus! Search ‘Career Fair Plus’ in the App Store or Google Play Store.
Visitors and Alumni: Download Career Fair Plus! Search ‘Career Fair Plus’ in the App Store or Google Play Store. Pre-registration is not required.
Professional dress is required and bring plenty of resumes!
Our employers tell us their number one complaint at Career Fairs is the candidates lack of knowledge on their company. DO YOUR RESEARCH AND DOWNLOAD THE APP!
Fair Entrance Times:
9:00 am – 11:00 am – Fair Browsing
12:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Interviewing (by appointment only)
Some school districts will choose to interview immediately after the fair. To be considered for an afternoon interview, teacher candidates MUST attend the morning browsing session and have signed up for an interview with the school districts the day of the event. Qualifications and certifications MUST be met in order to sign up for an interview.
– Recruit for full-time positions
– Create awareness and brand recognition for your company/organization
– Assist in the professional development of UTSA students
$175 single booth
$350 double booth
* Due to the number of registrations and longer wait lists to attend our fairs you will need to make a payment or payment arrangement prior to attending the fair.
If you know that the payment will not be finalized prior to the fair, please email Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org the PO request you sent/received from your payroll/accounting department.
Also, you can forward the email that you sent/received from your payroll/accounting department concerning the status of the payment for the fair.
The following will happen if no payment or arrangements have been made.
- Your profile will remain in pending a month prior to the fair. That means your company name will not show up in the “Employers Attending the Fair” list on Handshake, on the Career Fair Plus App nor any marketing posters done prior to the fair for students to see.
- You may be moved to a wait list and may lose your spot if no previous payment arrangement has been made one week before the fair.
Students can see the list of Career Fair employers, and the jobs attached to your registration, as soon as your registration has been activated. We are asking companies to have a job/internship posting no later than two weeks prior to the career fair so that you can also be added to the Career Fair Plus App.
If your organization does not currently have open positions, please post a generic job posting that includes “visit our website for current job postings” and include a link to your company’s website so that students are able to learn more about your positions and organization.
*On the job posting please add something like “We will be attending the STEM Career Fair, you are welcome to check out our booth to learn more about our company” *
For more information and to register, please visit Handshake. Download Recruiter Connect Plus! Search ‘Recruiter Connect’ in the App Store or Google Play Store.