STUDENTS AND VISITORS
All Certified Teachers and current Student-Teachers are invited to attend the Educator Job Fair on November 8, 2017!
The Following are invited to attend the Educator Job Fair:
- UTSA and other University Student-Teachers
- Alternative certification candidates
- Certified Teachers – from Texas and around the U.S.
Fair Entrance Times:
9:00 am – 10:00 am – Browsing for UTSA Student-Teachers and Alumni ONLY
10:00 am – 12:00 pm – Browsing opens to non-UTSA teachers
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm Interviews by appointment only
Some school districts will choose to interview immediately after the fair. To be considered for an afternoon interview, teacher candidates must attend the morning browsing session and have signed up for an interview with the school districts the day of the event.
*Some employers have requested that you apply online before attending the fair
*Professional Dress is Required
UTSA Students ONLY- Log in to your Handshake account and use the direct link https://utsa.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/1857 to rsvp for the fair, see full details, and see which employers are already registered to attend. RSVP ahead of time to skip the main line when you get to the fair.
The following must be complete or met PRIOR to signing up for an interview:
- Resumes MUST be reviewed by a career counselor and posted in your profile.
- Qualifications and certifications MUST be met in order to sign up for an interview.
All Visitors and Non-UTSA Students – You do not RSVP ahead of time. You cannot get access to Handshake. You will show up the day of the event and check-in at the Visitor/Alumni Check-In Table. To see which school districts are registered to attend, download the “UTSA Career Fair Plus” app. Just go to your app store and search for “UTSA Career Fair Plus”. It’s FREE to download and employers are being added daily!
DOWNLOAD THE APP
All Students and visitors should download the UTSA Career Fair Plus app to see a layout of the event, see which school districts are in attendance, see what positions are available at each school district, and get up-to-date information about the event.
Go to your app store
Search for “UTSA Career Fair Plus”
Download for FREE!
You are invited to attend the UTSA University Career Center Fall 2017 Educator Job Fair on November 8, 2017!
Over 300 graduating student-teachers as well as certified alumni will be attending the fair. We have also invited all junior and first semester senior education majors and non-UTSA certified teachers.
Educator Job Fair Agenda:
8:00 am – Employer check-in & set-up
8:30 am – Continental Breakfast available
9:00 am – Job Fair opens to UTSA student teachers & alumni
10:00 am – Job Fair opens to non-UTSA teachers
12:00 pm – Fair closes/Lunch will only be provided to employers who will stay to conduct interviews
1:00 pm – Student Interviews Begin
5:00 pm – Interviews conclude
Interviews may be conducted from 1:00-5:00 p.m. If you plan to stay for interviews, select “Afternoon interviews” in the additional questions section at the bottom of the registration.
You have three choices regarding interviews:
1) You may choose to schedule students for afternoon interviews during the morning of the job fair.
2) You may choose to have pre-scheduled interviews, which means that students can select a time to interview using Handshake before the fair.
3) You may do both: have students pre-schedule on-line before the fair AND sign additional students up during the morning fair. If you are interested in the pre-scheduled interviews process, please check this box in the fee section of the registration form. The Career Center will contact you regarding your interview process.
$175.00 (single table) – includes one table with two chairs, continental breakfast for two parking for two vehicles, wireless internet access and electronic advertising to students.
You must select a double booth if you are bringing 4 or more recruiters.
$350.00 (two tables) – includes two tables with four chairs, continental breakfast for four, parking for four vehicles, wireless internet access and electronic advertising to students.
You can register for the event on Handshake.