At The University of Texas at San Antonio, we value self-discovery and exploration. Internships play an important part in the Roadrunner student’s journey towards transforming their education into meaningful work. Internships are valuable opportunities for students to take their education outside of the classroom and learn about their prospective field of interest.
Recruiting Guidelines for Internships
The U.S. Department of Labor has outlined six criteria for determining trainee status:
1. The training, even though it includes actual operation of the facilities of the employer, is similar to what would be given in a vocational school or academic educational instruction.
2. The training is for the benefit of the trainees.
3. The trainees do not displace regular employees, but work under their close observation.
4. The employer that provides the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the trainees, and on occasion the employer’s operations may actually be impeded.
5. The trainees are not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the training period.
6. The employer and the trainees understand that the trainees are not entitled to wages for the time spent in training.
If you have any questions about your internship contact the internship team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Handshake is the University Career Center’s fast and powerful recruiting platform for UTSA students and alumni. Handshake uses cutting edge technology to help you more easily connect with students and source jobs and internships, event information, and On-Campus Recruiting opportunities. Here is where you have the ability to post any jobs or internships your company may be offering.
Employers can use Handshake as a recruitment tool, to identify qualified candidates for open positions and manage on-campus recruitment activities.
Log in using your email and Handshake Password.
- If you need help creating your account click HERE for instructions.
- To post a job/internship into Handshake directions can be found HERE.
If you have any questions about posting a job onto Handshake contact Victoria Tesillo at email@example.com
CareerEdge allows us to connect with students like no way we have before. Each of our Career Counselors has a “Career Community” they are in charge of. Here they posts tips, resources, and internship opportunities for their students to have access to. Under ‘Internships’ we post internship opportunities for students. If they want to apply to an internship it links them back to Handshake, there they can apply for the internship.
Click HERE for information on how to create an Employer UConnect account.
If you have any questions about the website please contact Yvonne Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to contact our Assistant Director regarding any questions about internships contact the internship team at email@example.com