Participating in a club or organization will give you the opportunity and framework to discover, build, and develop skills needed for your after-college choices, whether it be graduate school, service or work. By joining a club and becoming an active member, you can develop transferable skills through projects and be identified by other members as a potential future leader of the organization. Transferable skills are skills you can gain through one experience but apply to many future opportunities.
Why should you join a student organization?
- To gain leadership and management experience
- Expand your resume
- Learn about budgeting and bookkeeping
- Engage with diverse groups of people
- Participate in networking opportunities
- Learn how to develop a team
- Utilize the skills you’ve learned in classes
- Manage projects and organize events
- Expand communication, writing, and reporting skills
- Improve time management skills
- Have fun!
To find the Student Organization that’s right for you, check out an active list on RowdyLink.