Your internship experiences provides you with an opportunity to explore your interests, develop insight into various career fields, and gain experience to build your skill set. We recognize that your experience will be a valuable one – and that some personal costs may be incurred, even in paid opportunities. It is our desire to help students identify ways to fund and support their internship experiences, nationally and internationally.
In order to support summer internship experiences, the University Career Center offers a summer scholarship to qualified UTSA students who are participating internship experiences abroad during the summer semester. The University Career Center values the opportunity to help you #LaunchYourCareer!!
Student Applicant Criteria:
- Must be an undergraduate student currently enrolled in a degree program at The University of Texas at San Antonio. Students participating in an internship after graduation do not qualify, and students must be returning to UTSA as an enrolled student in the term following the internship.
- Must be in good academic standing with The University of Texas at San Antonio
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- International Students must possess authorization to work in the U.S. Proof/Copy of authorization may be required
- Must secure an internship prior to applying
- Have not previously received this scholarship
Internship Position Criteria:
- Internship site/program must be located outside of the Greater San Antonio and Bexar County area
- Internship should not be directly connected to a University department/unit or to a University faculty/staff member.
- Internship must be 20 hours per week up to a full-time equivalent.
- Internship duration must be a minimum of 5 weeks.
- Internship location may be international or domestic.
- Internship may be paid or unpaid.
- Internship may be for credit or not-for-credit.
Required Application Documents:
- Scholarship Essay (500 words)
- Two UTSA Faculty or Staff Recommendations (url link provided via email)
- Internship Site-Supervisor verification of experience (url link provided via email)
Application deadline is April 14, 2017. To be considered for the 2017 Summer Scholarship, please apply HERE.