CAREER DEVELOPMENT FOR EXPERIENCED ALUMNI
There are many reasons that you may be thinking about a career change…
- uncertainty that you want to remain in your present career long-term
- interest in making a lateral move within your company/organization
- wanting something better or more satisfying
- dissatisfaction with the work environment
- possibility of future down-sizing, layoffs or business closing
- desire to complete more education
- unanticipated changes in your personal situation
All of these are perfectly legitimate reasons to explore a career change. Many people think about changing careers – many during midlife – but don’t know how to approach such a drastic change. Career exploration is a lifelong process experienced by all – but in different ways. Making decisions can be very complex and filled with anxiety. Your alumni career counselor can help you navigate through this process, identify your needs and develop a strategy to address your concerns. Call our office at 210-458-4589 to schedule an appointment.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
Is a Teaching Certificate in your Future?
If you are thinking about coming back to school to obtain your Teaching Certification? Here’s information on UTSA’s Post-Baccalaureate program.