The Harvard Business School (HBS) Summer Venture in Management Program (SVMP) is a one-week residential educational program for rising college seniors designed to increase diversity and opportunity in business education. This summer’s program will be the 38th anniversary of SVMP.
Check out this Summer Venture Experience:
Who Can Participate?
- All SVMP participants must be rising college seniors who have completed their junior year of college by June 2020.
- Participants with a summer internship must be authorized by their employer to attend SVMP. Internship organizations can include public or private companies, government agencies or entities, and non-profit organizations. We also accept applications from those who are self-employed during the summer.
Participants will be selected based on a variety of factors, including academic achievement, demonstrated leadership, and personal characteristics. Academic studies in the field of business are not necessary for selection in this program. Participants are expected to participate in the entire program.
Consistent with the objective of promoting educational diversity and opportunity in business leadership, additional criteria to be considered are, among others, whether the applicant:
- identifies as a member of a group that is currently underrepresented in business schools and corporate America (e.g. African American, Latino, Native American, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, or Transgender);
- is the first family member to attend college, or from a family with little business education or experience
- is from a school whose graduates are sometimes underrepresented (e.g. attends a community college as part of a four-year degree or attends a predominantly minority college).
Undocumented students are eligible to apply. International students are not eligible.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 21st, 2020
Find out more information here: https://www.hbs.edu/svmp/Pages/default.aspx
A limited amount of travel reimbursement is available for demonstrated financial hardship. Admitted students will be given information on how to request travel reimbursement.