INVESTING IN SAN ANTONIO’S TECHNOLOGY ECOSYSTEM.
With $100,000 in prize money and a focus on helping emerging tech-based startups accelerate the growth of their business, TechFuel is Greater San Antonio’s largest cash prize pitch competition. TechFuel is sponsored by the Bexar County Economic & Community Development department and will be hosted by Tech Bloc during the 2019 San Antonio Startup Week conference.
Tech startups located throughout Texas that meet the below eligibility requirements are strongly encouraged to apply prior to the application deadline of September 23rd, 2019. All applications will be reviewed and screened by the Tech Fuel Selection Committee. The selection committee will determine which applicants advance to the semi-final round of 25 competitors based on the following criteria from their submitted applications:
- Meeting all necessary competition eligibility requirements
- Leadership – Does the team have the ability to reach the next level of success?
- Business Model – Is the revenue model realistic and sustainable?
- Execution – Are there strong growth metrics or measurable traction?
- Jobs – If success continues and scales, will this create more jobs?
- Quality of submitted responses in application
Semi-finalists will then be randomly assigned into one of five groups (designated as Groups A, B, C, D, or E) to participate in a second round of in-person screening with your group’s judging panel. Each group will be comprised of 5 semi-finalist teams and every semi-finalist will deliver a live 5-minute pitch and a 5-minute Q&A session to your group’s judging panel.All semi-finalists will participate in one of the following days:
- Tuesday, October 1: Group A & B Private Judging Round and Q&A Session
- Wednesday, October 2: Group C & D Private Judging Round and Q&A Session
- Thursday, October 3: Group E Private Judging Round and Q&A Session
LEARN MORE HERE: https://www.satechbloc.com/sa-tech-fuel