The Discovery Program is an exciting opportunity for select recent college graduates. It consists of three to four assignments spanning multiple technical organizations across APL. The rotational assignments are six months in length each and are designed to provide participants with challenging work that will stimulate professional growth.
Selected applicants are hired in June and begin the first rotational assignment immediately. At the completion of the two-year program, participants are placed in a long-term assignment designed to align interests and skills with technical opportunities.
The program is open to bachelor’s and master’s graduates in aerospace engineering, computer engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics, systems engineering, and related disciplines who have technical interests in one or more of the following areas:
- Algorithm development/evaluation
- Communication systems (acoustics, wireless, and satellite)
- Controls systems
- Cybersecurity/information assurance
- Modeling and simulation
- Networking technologies
- Signal/image processing
- Software design/development/testing
Candidates should have a record of high academic achievement as well as excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to work in a collaborative, team environment are also required. Candidates should demonstrate high levels of initiative and creativity and a strong drive to learn. Prior technical internships or co-op experiences and a prior security clearance are advantageous, but not required, for selection for the Discovery Program.
- Go to Students and Recent Graduates and click “Search and Apply for Jobs.”
- Apply to the entry-level job posting for your academic major.
- Select “Rotational Program” in the “Areas of Interest” field on the application.