Are you looking forward to your Internship in 2018 and in need of financial support? The UTSA Career Center is excited to help!!
Internship experiences provide students with an opportunity to explore interests, develop insight into various career fields, and gain experience to build their skill set. We recognize that experience will be valuable – and that some personal costs incur, even in paid opportunities. These costs may include travel to and from site destinations, housing/accommodations, living expenses, tuition fees for internship course, and/or having an unpaid internship. It is our desire to help brainstorm ways to fund or help support student internships.
In order to support internship experiences, the University Career Center offers a scholarship to qualified UTSA students who are participating in internship experiences outside of San Antonio. The University Career Center values the opportunity to help students launch their career!
- Must be an undergraduate student currently enrolled in a degree program at The University of Texas at San Antonio. Students participating in an internship after graduation do not qualify, and students must be returning to UTSA as an enrolled student in the term following the internship.
- Must be in good academic standing with The University of Texas at San Antonio
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- International Students must possess authorization to work in the U.S. (Proof/Copy of authorization may be required)
- Must secure an internship prior to applying
- Have not previously received this scholarship
- Internship site/program must be located outside of the Greater San Antonio and Bexar County area
- Internship must be 20 hours per week or full-time equivalent
- Internship duration must be a minimum of 5 weeks
- Internship location may be international or domestic
- Internship may be paid or unpaid
- Internship may be for credit or not-for-credit
Scholarship Winner(s) will be invited to share their Internship experience via poster or video and will be featured on the Career Center Website!
How to Apply:
- Submit a fully completed application to the Career Center by 5pm on March 5, 2018. (only one submission is allowed)
- Completed application can be submitted for review by:
- Submission must include:
- Application Form & Resume
- Letter of Interest
- 1 Letter of Recommendation
- Verification of Internship from Site Supervisor (offer letter)
- Report your Internship HERE. Please include 1-2 learning objectives.