Jorge Caballero Student Leadership Award
Deloitte LLP, in partnership with the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), is offering the Jorge Caballero Student Leadership Award. This award provides $10,000 in funds for high-achieving Hispanic accounting students who have demonstrated leadership qualities through academics and community involvement. Please read the information below for eligibility requirements and application instructions.
• Accounting major with definitive plans to meet the 150-hour requirement for obtaining CPA certification
• 3.5 or above GPA
• Full-time student attending a four-year college or university
• Sophomore or Junior Classification:
• U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Students must complete the application form in one session; therefore before starting the application form you are required to have the following four documents ready to go in electronic format (PDF, JPG, PNG, TIF, or MS Word):
• Most recent transcript (spring 2017)
• Enrollment verification form verifying fall 2017 enrollment
• Resume (must include GPA and graduation date)
• Essay: In the same essay document answer the following three questions:
1. In 200 words or less, discuss three significant obstacles you have overcome in pursuit of your education.
2. In 200 words or less, provide examples of your leadership as it pertains to community or school related events.
3. In 100 words or less, describe your Hispanic heritage and your potential interest in Deloitte.
After each of these four documents is ready, you may complete the short application form.
The deadline to apply is Friday, September 15, 2017, at 5:00 PM Central Time.
Students can Apply Here.