We wanted to take a moment to introduce ourselves as well as remind you of all the great services available to you to help you get ahead in your career planning! Whether you are wanting to increase your marketability or are unsure of your career path; we assist students in all stages of their career development. Below are resources and services available to you:
Handshake–Online job database
- Set up your account by going to utsa.joinhandshake.com where you will gain access to our online database that has work-study, part-time, internships, volunteer, and full time positions to build your experience and marketable skills.
- Set up appointments with us for various appointment types such as career exploration & planning, job search assistance, resume reviews, cover letter reviews, interviewing, networking and more!
- Be in the know on events, workshops, employer information sessions, employer table recruiting here to assist in building your network and serve as a strong candidate in the job market
UTSA Career Edge- Resources & tips to help you along the way
- Check out our website at https://careercenter.utsa.edu/ where there are various resources such as getting connected on Handshake, resume templates, events, news and much more; designed to help you reach your fullest potential as a COLFA student!
Come stop by!
- The Career Center is located in the University Center (just upstairs from the bookstore) and we will gladly answer any of your questions!
COLFA Career Counselor Bios:
Sara Goede is one of the Career Counselors for the College of Liberal & Fine Arts. She is new to UTSA and was previously a Career Counselor at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi for over 4 years. She has a Master’s Degree in Counseling, a Master’s Degree in Business Administration and a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology. She is passionate about working with students at all stages of their career development as well as collaborating with faculty, staff and student groups on innovative ways to help students succeed and reach their career goals.
Martin Sáenz started with the UTSA -University Career Center as a Graduate Counseling Intern and recently transitioned into the full-time position as the Career Counselor for the College of Liberal and Fine Arts. Martin holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology with a minor in Human Resource Management from The University of Texas – Pan American and has obtained a Master of Science degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from The University of Texas at San Antonio. Developing your career identity and finding the right job suitable to you, your interests, and overall career aspirations can at times be overwhelming. I am here to work with you in exploring options that best coincide with your skills, interests, values, and career goals.
We look forward to working with you!
Sara Goede & Martin Sáenz