Pape-Dawson Engineers, Inc. will be hosting an Engineer Externship. Year after year participants express what a valuable experience this one day event is for them!
What is our Engineer Externship? It is a half-day event open to college students who are currently enrolled in an engineering program and interested in learning about life as a civil engineer, improving communities, collaborating with stakeholders and designing infrastructure. This year’s externship will be held on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in our corporate office located in San Antonio, Texas.
A team of young engineers will lead participants through the following program:
– An introduction to various aspects of civil engineering
– What a “Day in the Life” is for graduate engineers and their career progression
– Review a project from conception to completion
– Learn more about Pape-Dawson’s amazing culture and mission
– Discuss community service and the engineer’s obligation
– Demo engineering software – Surveying demonstration from our in house surveyors
– Take an office tour
– Visit one of Pape-Dawson’s projects
A continental breakfast and lunch will be served. Dress is business casual i.e., slacks and polo/button-up shirt (no jeans or shorts). We also recommend wearing comfortable, close-toed shoes as we will be walking outside during the project tour. We ask that participants arrive no later than 8:45 am.
TO RSVP FOR THIS EVENT, PLEASE REGISTER VIA YOUR HANDSHAKE PORTAL: www.utsa.joinhandshake.com, and click “Events.”
Questions? Email Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org.