Greetings from the UTSA University Career Center! As part of our ongoing efforts to improve and enhance the value of our services to UTSA students and alumni, we are excited to announce the creation of the UTSA University Career Center Student Advisory Board.
This advisory board, made up of a diverse group of students from across campuses and colleges, will meet 2-3 times each semester and discuss a wide range of topics related to the offerings and value of the Career Center, including:
- Assess current services and resources and make recommendations for improvements or change
- Brainstorm new, creative and “out-of-the-box” programs to enhance student marketability, career search abilities and professional development preparation
- Discuss marketing and outreach efforts, including social media and ways to improve the effectiveness of our outreach to the student body.
- Any and all other ideas that you think will make the University Career Center a more valuable resource to students!
- Opportunity for you to speak directly with employers and enhance your resume.
We are now accepting applications for the board: Student Advisory Board application.
Our first meeting is tentatively scheduled for October. Meetings will typically last about two hours and will be scheduled around lunchtime (lunch is on us!). If you would like to self-nominate yourself for a seat on the board, please complete the attached application and return by e-mail no later than Wednesday, September 21st to firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected students will be appointed to a 12 month term and meet during each fall and spring semester.
Please feel free to share this information with other students who might be interested and qualified.
Thank you for your support of the UTSA University Career Center and please don’t hesitate to reach out to me should you have any questions or if I can provide any additional information.