Hi Roadrunner Parents!!
Here are a few tips to help your juniors as they prepare for their upperclassman years and advance in their career development!
- Make sure your students update their student profiles and resumes on UTSA’s Handshake system.
- Encourage your students to work with a Career Counselor to refine the resume and develop more advanced job search and interviewing skills. Students can schedule an appointment with the University Career Center through their Handshake portal.
- Have students use UTSA’s Handshake system to continue researching possible internships, employers and careers that may be of interest.
- Again, support your students in attending career/internship fairs and events. Encourage them to follow up with employers with additional questions and thank you emails! It’s never too early to find out information, practice professional dress (required at fairs), and start building good rapport with organizations who hire! These types of events are listed on UTSA’s Handshake system under “Events.”
- Encourage your students to set up a job search agent (under Job Search on the UTSA’s Handshake system) so that internship or part-time listings are automatically forwarded when posted.
- Meet with a Career Counselor, who can help students with in-depth support through the process of searching for, applying to, interviewing for, and preparing for an internship experience!